top of page

4F FITNESS & Wellnes Group

Public·6 members

Stress Free Potty Training 12

Toilet-training readiness varies among children. Some kids are ready at 18 months, others need until age 3 or later. Look for readiness signs, such as making a face when going to the bathroom, interest in using the potty, and having longer periods of keeping their diaper clean and dry. Consult your child's pediatrician to help you determine the right time to begin potty training.

stress free potty training 12

The ideal age for potty training varies greatly from child to child. Some kids easily potty train before age 2, while others don't master toileting until after they've turned 4. Most will learn between the ages of 2 and 3. However, setting a rigid timeline may backfire. The key is to understand that toddlers will reach this milestone when they are ready.

The three-day method for potty training is just what it sounds: a toilet training technique that takes just three days. While there are several different books on this approach, the main premise is that the parent spends three solid days teaching their child to use the bathroom. This strategies requires a big short-term commitment but may pay off in getting your child potty trained quicker.

The time potty training takes varies dramatically among children. Some kids can be fully potty trained in one day, others may take weeks or months to be accident-free. How long it takes your child will depend on their unique temperament, physical and emotional development, and any special needs, as well as your approach to toilet training and family dynamic.

And potty training children sooner than 27 months generally doesn't work either, according to background information in the study. Prior research has shown potty training too soon just prolongs the process.

\"There are two schools of thought on potty training. One is to try to train the kids very, very early, and another says you should wait until kids are older and demonstrating signs of being ready. But there has never been a study scientifically showing when is the best time,\" said lead study author Dr. Joseph Barone, chief of urology at Bristol-Myers Squibb Children's Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J. \"This study gives parents an idea of when it's a good time to train,\" he said.

Researchers asked the parents of 157 children ages 4 to 12 who were seen by a doctor for urge incontinence about when they started potty training and which method they used. Their answers were compared to those from the parents of 58 children matched for age, gender, race and other factors who did not have urge incontinence.

Age shouldn't be the deciding factor in beginning potty training, said Peter Stavinoha, author of the book \"Stress-Free Potty Training\" and a clinical neuropsychologist at Children's Medical Center of Dallas.

\"Many parents approach potty training as something over which they have total control,\" Stavinoha said. \"Parents are a big contributor to their child's development, but they don't really control it. Parents are there to facilitate, to guide, to reinforce and to praise, but parents shouldn't put pressure on themselves that if they do a series of steps, the children will achieve a certain outcome.\"

Okay, this should really be titled low stress potty learning, but you get the idea. I have hesitated to offer parenting advice on this site because, first of all, I firmly believe that having a child does not make you an expert in child rearing. So here's a little background on me: before I became a mother, I was a professional nanny specializing in infant and toddler care. In other words, this isn't my first rodeo. Furthermore, I just wanted to share what has worked for me in the hopes that it will help someone else. I personally hate unsolicited advice, but I have also found myself googling for parenting information, so if you are searching for some potty training tips please read on. Jude was totally potty trained (except for sleeping) at 21 months, here's what worked for us:

6. Ease into going out and going to sleep without a diaper. It's much harder to make it to the potty in a public place, don't put that stress on yourself or your kid until they have shown they can successfully tell you they need to go and hold it. (Boy tip: stand them on the public toilet seat and let them go from a standing position.) Dry naps and nights are the last to come. I would personally rather use one diaper a day in exchange for 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Thankfully, it went really well with not only my first born, but also my other two. Of course there were little hiccups along the way, but we used some tips to make potty training as easy and stress-free as possible for both us parents and our sweet little ones. Plus, we got to have some fun along the way!

I think that the key to successful potty training is to prepare ahead of time. Have a plan before you start this journey, but stay flexible along the way and use these proven tips from Pull-Ups Training Pants and their partner, child development expert Dr. Heather Wittenberg.

The Pull-Ups Potty Partnership has a bunch more really great tips to help parents through every stage of potty training. Dr. Heather Wittenberg helped create the potty partnership based on years of research and observation of personality types in young children, so I know I can trust it! I also love recommending their tips because they are all based on the idea that potty training should be a true partnership between parent and child.

I was lucky enough to never have difficulties potty training the twins. They were so ready to give up the diapers, it was a breeze. Aside from little accidents at night of course! These are awesome tips!

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page